Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Swine flu (Swu) update....

wonder if this kid got it??



I am sure this is the first of many posts about the swu to come but here is the latest count.....

Let me preface this by saying that none of these cases have been officially diagnosed but they pretty much all exhibit the same "swu like" symptoms...

-Mary was out of commission yesterday. She peaked @ a temp. of 102 degrees.

-Scotty (our friend, and who Mary blames her illness on) also was out sick this weekend with a high temp. is now on the recovery. He came over last night for "moral support".

-Pat, one of the interns at the INN is reporting sick- and "death like" symptoms.

-Nick, Kelsy's boyfriend (and Michael's roommate) was feeling sick yesterday- again, I suspect swu.

-Trinh thinks she just has a cold. I don't believe her- I think she has more "swu like" symptoms than she cares to acknowledge.

-Janelle is now reporting that she feels sick. Although I do not know enough to call it swu, I am sensing a familiar pattern considering she spent the whole weekend here in Bellingham with the other "swu kids".

-Dakota just called me and told me she woke up this morning feeling like death. She has pretty much everyone of the symptoms of swu according to the CDC....

-Kelsy and I already deciding we are not getting sick- it just isn't going to happen to us- we are immune (power of persuasion- right??).

I even took some of Britt's 'oil of oregano' for the first and last time today. Some of the guys who live at the yellow sub swear by this stuff. You put two drops in a shot glass with some water and down it. That stuff is so potent I thought I was going to die as it went down burning. Not to mention I keep burping up oregano- GROSS! But hey, anything to prevent the swu- right? (I don't think so...) I don't care how much they say it is supposed to enhance your immune system- I'll stick to my vitamins...

Hope the swu hasn't hit hard down south yet- people seem to be dropping like flies here....
At least my roommate Liz who is studying abroad in Ghana hasn't encountered swu- just a bout with malaria (she's recovered now)...

1 comment:

T-Win said...

I didn't have the SWU! lol